Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday: Perseverance Quotes


I'm having some struggles at work lately and to get out bed this morning seems like a monumental task, so here's a blog with a few quotes to inspire me and I hope you too.

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone not by violence but by oft falling. ~Lucretius

He conquers who endures. ~Persius

Fall seven times, stand up eight. ~Japanese Proverb

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~Author Unknown

Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

When your dreams turn to dust, vacuum. ~Author Unknown

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. ~Earl Nightingale

This last one is probably my all time favorite quote and usually helps me remember that every moment matters and I must keep going no matter what.

I hope you have found something here that inspires you- as for me, I guess I better get moving. :)

Have a fabulous day!

GG

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your quotes...thank you for putting them on your blog. I LOVE your blog design too - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete