Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Challenge

I saw some tall and thin cards in the store the other day and it got me thinking. I pretty much stick to the same size cards but I it might be fun to try something a bit different, so I gave it a try. I've also been wanting to join in over at Charisma Cardz so I ended up using their recipe (3 papers, 2 flowers, 1 ribbon) on a tall and thin card to enter the challenge. What do you think?


What I did... the base is light purple card stock, I cut the dark purple piece using the wavy attachment to my paper cutter and tied the ribbon around it. I punched the flowers from scraps of patterned paper, layered them, and added a button for the center. Then I punched the scalloped squares, inked the edges with light purple ink, and attached the flowers. Next I mounted the scalloped squares onto the card stock using foam squares for a 3D effect. Finally, I applied the rub on sentiment.

Have a fabulous day! GG

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, glad you enjoyed the challenge thanks for joining in at Charisma Cardz.
    x Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! thanks for playing with charisma! carly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolutely favourite colour!! It looks very pretty! Thank you for joining in with the Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty card, loving the flowers!
    Thanks for using my CC recipe.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. Thank's for taking part in the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete