Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Card of Happy Coincidences

Everything about this card is a happy coincidence. It all began last night while I was watching a DVR'd episode of ER (what's up with Carter- anyone know?). I had been making a birthday card for one of my best friends in orange and pink (her fave color combo) and happened to see some of these embellishments sitting around together- next thing I know, I'm inspired and laying out this card. Happy Coincidence #1

I had everything but the ribbon and I knew I was missing something, so I started digging through my Target shopping bags (I spent WAY too much). I had bought a package of 6 ribbons from their dollar section, strictly because there was a cute turtle ribbon I wanted- and this stitched pink ribbon happened to be in the mix. Happy Coincidence #2

And finally... One of my favorite challenge blogs is Stamp Something,, I check them out every week, but this week my card and their challenge are simply a happy coincidence. They are looking for items that have a 3 dimensional aspect and it just so happens that I used thick foam squares to attach the chipboard pieces to create a 3D effect. Happy Coincidence #3


I am really proud of this card because it is so far from my normal style, but still stays true to the simple elegance that defines graceful girl. This card was made on a base of white card stock. The front is made from distressed orange card stock with a pink daisy pattern. The embellishments include a hand cut oval, which I stamped with a random daisy design, inked, and tied up with the stitched pink grosgrain ribbon to spotlight the little birdie. I added another strip of ribbon behind the oval to help set off the sentiment. In the upper left corner I decided to add one more element. I punched a flower from pink card stock, bent the petals up for a little added 3D touch, then adhered the chipboard flower and the sparkly jewel to the center.

Hope you like it and have a fabulous day!

GG

Supplies: Clear Stamps: (flower from flowers stamps by rhonna farrer) Autumn Leaves, Pigment Ink: (white) Studio G, Card stock: (Pocket full of Posies matstack) DCWV, Fibers: (pink ribbon) Offray, Adhesive: Zots, foam squares Tools: (punch: loves me, loves me not, shape cutter: oval) Fiskars Other: (chipboard) Graceful Girl Stash

2 comments:

  1. Super-cute card. Love the colors!! I enjoyed visiting your blog.

    TFS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bright colors, and that bird is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete