Monday, February 16, 2009

I Dare You


Since I have the day off work today, I thought I would check out a few challenge blogs and see what struck my fancy... Here's the cards I created-lol.

I started out with this card which covers three challenges: Arty Girlz (flowers), A Spoon Full of Sugar (doodle doo), and Dutch Dare (buttons and bows). The base of the card is white, topped with layered light green card stock, glittered card stock, dark blue card stock with white inking, and two poppies punched from card stock. I enhanced the poppies by tracing an outline and adding a button for the center. Next I drew the stems and stamped the sentiment.

The next card I made meets the requirements of two challenges, Mojo Monday (a sketch) and Charisma Cardz (cupcakes). I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to make it work for me, but I'm really happy with the colors. First, I stamped the image and colored it with watercolor pencils and a blendy pen. Next I punched the shape and arranged the embellishments to match the sketch. My daughter LOVES this card- I can't imagine why she loves cupcakes so much...


The Sugar Bowl challenge this week was to use only one piece of patterned paper and since I got my new stamps in the mail on Saturday, that seemed like a fabulous challenge to try. I stamped this sweet little bunny, colored her with watercolor pencils and my handy blendy pen, then layered the patterned paper and different shades of card stock. I added the tiny white bow and crystal for a sweet touch. I love this card because it makes me feel so springy.

Hope you like these cards and have a fabulous day! GG

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are simply adorable. The Sugar Nellie bunny is just so sweet and I have to ink mine up for Easter :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been very busy.
    Beautifull cards.
    I love the colours, great papers and sweet images.
    Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards I love them all !!

    Thanks for joining in with the flower challenge on Arty Girlz

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards there all lovely

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards hun! Thank you for joining in with the Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy. Fantastic cards. Thankyou for taking part in the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, love the images you have used.
    Thank you for joining in the DDCC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards - such a busy girl! Love that cute cupcake it looks good enough to eat. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy!
    Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for getting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
    Sugar Mama x

    ReplyDelete