Sunday, February 22, 2009

An Inspired Card

I was in the need for a very refined thank you card for this fabulous girl at work who went out of her way to help me out while my daughter has been ill. So I pulled out my stash and dug through it, but I couldn't find EXACTLY what I was looking- time to go shopping!!

I was at Joann's for over an hour, I can't help it- there is too much to love and I get so inspired, then I come home in a creating frenzy. I bought an awesome matstack from DCWV called LA CREME. The whole stack is in cream and black and some pages are flocked- it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. (I also bought the CITRUS matstack because it was so springy and might have to go back and buy the LATTE matstack because it is so pretty too- you can never have too much paper- right?)

When I got home I sat right down and played with the papers, but I couldn't quite get the look I was going for, so I started clicking around online looking for some inspiration and I came across this sketch from Raspberry Ribbons. I love the simplicity- it is so refined and I'm a huge fan of white space because I think it shows elegance.

Once I found the sketch, the card took less than 15 minutes because I knew exactly what to do. For the base and large rectangle I decided on the same circular pattern with opposing colors. For the vertical rectangle I chose a page that looked as if it had several types of lace on it. I added a strip of black ribbon and finally came to the circle. I punched the circle from cream card stock, stamped a random flower design in a soft blue and then stamped over it in black with the sentiment. Finally, I inked the edges of the circle and attached it. I love the simpleness of this card, but I also love the punch of color. In fact, I loved it so much, I made two so I could post one in my shop. :)

Have a fabulous day! GG

Supplies: Clear Stamps: (flower and sentiment from thank you set) Fiskars, Ink: (turquoise) The Paper Company Studio, (black) Inkadinkadoo, Card stock: (LACREME matstack) DCWV, Fibers: (black ribbon) Offray, Adhesive: Zots, foam squares Tools: (circle punch) Fiskars

3 comments:

  1. lovely... yes very elegant.
    Thanks so much for joining in

    Caroline (raspberry-ribbons) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely and very elegant. Glad you enjoyed the sketch.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and a great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in with the Challenge this week.

    Hugs
    Fe x

    ReplyDelete